NewsWorld

29 people killed in two attacks in Burkina Faso

UNITED STATES, WASHINGTON (OBSERVATORY) — Burkina Faso’s government said at least 29 people were killed on Sunday in the troubled north of the country after a food convoy and a truck were attacked.

The government said in separate statements that a “terrorist” attack on the convoy killed 14 civilians, while the truck hit an improvised explosive device in Samatinga province, killing 15 people and injuring six.

“This tragedy comes at a time when significant security efforts are being made in this region.

“Military reinforcements sent”.

The latest violence follows an attack by gunmen in August that killed 24 soldiers in the deadliest attack so far in the West African war against Islamist militants.

Online:

This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.

OBSERVATORY NEWS — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.

Contact us: [email protected]

Stay connected with News Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.

Support The OBSERVATORY from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.

We are NEWS OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.