UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — The death toll from the Corona virus in China has risen to 54 after the authorities in Hubei Province announced 13 additional deaths and 323 new confirmed infections, bringing the number of people infected nationwide to 1610. The United States announced on Sunday that it had organized a flight to evacuate diplomatic personnel and other US nationals from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the Corona epidemic.
The death toll from the Coronavirus in China rose to 54 after the authorities in Hubei Province announced 13 additional deaths and 323 confirmed new infections.
And with these new figures from Hubay, the epicenter of the epidemic, the number of confirmed infections nationwide rises to 1610 based on the figures the central government had published earlier.
The first death was reported in Shanghai, China, as a result of corona. A Shanghai government statement said the victim was a 88-year-old man who was originally suffering from health problems. So far, 40 cases have been confirmed in the city, the statement added.
Starting on Monday, Chinese travel agencies will not be able to sell hotel reservations or organize group trips, according to Chinese TV.
The United States evacuates its citizens
The United States announced Sunday that it is organizing an air flight to evacuate its diplomatic personnel and other American nationals in the Chinese city of Wuhan.
The US State Department said in an email to Americans in China that the flight would leave Tuesday from Wuhan to San Francisco.
“The places are very limited, and if not everyone can be transported, it will be a priority for the most vulnerable,” she added.
France intends to evacuate its citizens
Other countries are also planning to evacuate their citizens from the city and its suburbs, which have been quarantined since Thursday.
France intends to evacuate its citizens by buses, in cooperation with the Chinese authorities, the French Foreign Ministry announced on Friday, without specifying a date for this evacuation so far.
Hong Kong Disneyland closed due to new Corona virus
The Hong Kong Disneyland theme park announced that it would close its doors from Sunday until further notice, due to the virus, a decision taken the day after the city was declared the highest health emergency.
Chinese President Xi Jinping had warned that China was facing a “dangerous situation”, blaming the “accelerating” epidemic of the viral pneumonia that had claimed the lives of 56 people, despite the strengthening of measures taken to curb it.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
Contact us: [email protected]
Support The OBSERVATORY from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.