UNITED STATES, WASHINGTON (OBSERVATORY) — Over $ 2 million in various grants has been allocated in recent months to prepare for the launch of Ethereum 2.0, the Ethereum Foundation said in a statement released Monday, August 26.
Approaching Serenity: Announcing Ethereum Foundation and Co-Funded Grants!https://t.co/ImJ3MrHre3
— Ethereum (@ethereum) August 26, 2019
Grants were allocated to teams to develop leading Ethereum customers who are currently busy working on test networks supporting multiple clients. The development of Ethereum 2.0 itself, as noted, is approaching the “zero phase”.
The following teams became recipients of grants:
- Harmony – $ 189,000 to develop the Beacon Chain;
- Prysmatic Labs – $ 725,000 to develop a Prysm client;
- Sigma Prime – $ 485,000 (with ConsenSys) for the development of the Lighthouse client;
- Status – $ 500,000 for the development of the Nimbus client and $ 150,000 (together with ConsenSys) for the development of nim-libp2p;
- Whiteblock – $ 184,000 (with ConsenSys) to test the Ethereum 2.0 network and develop interoperability solutions;
- Dmitry Khovratovich – $ 10,000 for compiling a Legendre PRF security report and creating a
- Proof-of-Custody scheme for the first phase of Ethereum 2.0;
The Ethereum Foundation also offers 5 ETH bounty rewards for any recommendations, bug fixes, and optimizations that will be included in the Ethereum 2.0 phase zero specifications before the release of the Genesis block of the new network.
Recall that in May this year, the Ethereum Foundation said it would allocate $ 30 million this year for the development of key ecosystem projects. Of these, $ 19 million will go to the “ether of the future” (Ethereum 2.0), $ 8 million to maintain the “ether of the present”, and another $ 3 million to attract developers.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
OBSERVATORY NEWS — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: [email protected]
Stay connected with News Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.
We are NEWS OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.