UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — The threat of coronavirus is high, according to a sixth report by the World Health Organization (WHO), which improved the scale of the international problem.
The epidemic of viral pneumonia has claimed the lives of 82 people in China, while 2,744 people have been infected in Asia, according to the latest official report.
The WHO explained that there was a wording error which they had corrected.
“The risk is very high in China, high at the regional level, and high at the international level. for the French Agency.
Turkey: 12 people in quarantine
At the same time, European citizens are on alert after the virus has reached European territory and also in Turkey, where 12 people have already been isolated.
According to Turkish media, two Chinese nationals working at a gas plant in the Sultaneh district of Aksaray province, in central Turkey, were vomiting while having nausea and nausea.
A total of 12 people have been isolated for public health reasons, nine of whom are Chinese.
“Patients” are treated in a separate room, while hospital staff are given special anti-infectious masks.
According to the Turkish Health Directorate, all necessary examinations and tests have been carried out.
The first case is registered in Germany
The first case of infection with the new coronavirus was confirmed in Germany. The virus-infected patient lives in Bavaria.
“A Starnberg man is infected by the new coronavirus” and “is under medical surveillance and in isolation,” a Health Ministry spokesman confirmed in a news release.
The patient is “in good medical condition” and his family was informed of the hygienic-sanitary symptoms and precautions to be taken.
Germany is the second country to be affected by the new coronavirus after France, where three outbreaks occurred, which were confirmed on January 24th. All three patients had recently traveled to China.
Germany has urged its citizens not to travel unnecessarily to China, while Berlin has begun planning for the “possible urgent removal” of about 90 of its citizens from the outbreak of the viral pneumonia epidemic, the city of Wuhan.
DASH guidelines for travelers in China
The State Department warned US citizens to reconsider their possible trip to China, and especially to Hubei province, an area also affected by the new coronavirus.
The State Department has already ordered all unnecessary US personnel and their families to leave the province, noting that “the US government has limited ability to provide emergency services” to its citizens there.
He also says travelers should be prepared if the Chinese government imposes travel bans “with little or no warning”.
Countries preparing to withdraw their citizens from Wuhan
Germany plans to evacuate 90 of its citizens, possibly by deploying a military transport plane.
Morocco will attract its own nationals, mostly students.
France intends to repatriate hundreds of its 800 citizens living in Wuhan. People returning to France will have to spend 14 days in quarantine to avoid the risk of transmitting the virus to French territory.
Japan is expected to begin repatriation of charter flights starting today. According to the Foreign Minister, some 430 Japanese nationals have been confirmed to be in Hubei.
Spain is working with China and the European Union to repatriate its citizens from Wuhan, the Foreign Minister said.
The State Department has announced that it will remove personnel from the U.S. Consulate in Wuhan and provide a limited number of seats for individuals on the flight. Some Americans will be able to board the “no return flight” from Wuhan to San Francisco on January 28, according to DASH.
Britain is negotiating with its partners to find a solution to expel Britons and other foreigners from Wuhan, a spokesman for Prime Minister Boris Johnson said.
About 167 Canadian nationals are in Wuhan, Foreign Minister Francois-Philippe Saban said Monday, adding that eight of them had requested consular assistance, which had been provided to them. The head of Canadian diplomacy did not rule out the possibility of a repatriation operation, but did not speak of concrete plans in this regard. He said any consular request would be considered “on a case-by-case basis”.
Russia is discussing with China the evacuation of its citizens from Wuhan and Hubei, the Russian embassy in Beijing said.
The Dutch government is considering ways to remove about 20 Dutch nationals from Wuhan, according to the ANP news agency.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
OBSERVATORY — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, money, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: [email protected]
Support The OBSERVATORY from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.