UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY) – The authorities of Guatemala decided to suspend the rescue work after the eruption of the volcano Fuego, said on Monday the portal Prensa Libre.
According to preliminary data, such a decision was made after a small activation of the volcano and changes in climatic conditions. At what time the work is interrupted, until it is reported.
Previously, local media reported 62 dead as a result of the impact of the elements. The authorities officially confirmed while the death of 33 people and wounding another 46.
David de Leon, the representative of the National Disaster Reduction Service of the country, told RIA Novosti that while Guatemala intends to cope with the consequences of the eruption on its own, although it has received statements from many countries about its readiness to support.