UNITED STATES, WASHINGTON (OBSERVATORY) — Hussite Yemeni rebels said Saudi Aramco used a new type of drones to attack the oil facilities.
As a representative of the rebel armed forces said live on Al-Masirah TV channel, drones carrying four warheads were launched from three different positions.
He demonstrated photographs taken on the territory of the attacked enterprises in the kingdom before and after the attack, stating that “the pictures were obtained by their intelligence.”
“The drones that were used for the attack are Kasef and Sammad-3, capable of covering a distance of 1.7 thousand kilometers,” the representative of the Hussites added.
He also said that other aircraft were launched along with shock drones to distract attention.
In turn, the representative of the Ministry of Defense of Saudi Arabia, Turki al-Maliki, previously said on the air of Arab television channels that the objects were attacked by 18 drones and seven cruise missiles.
On Saturday, several plants of the Saudi oil and gas state company Saudi Aramco were attacked by drones.
Responsibility for the attack was claimed by Hussite Yemeni rebels, against whom the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia was fighting, despite this, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that there was no evidence of this and directly accused Tehran of the attack.
Iran called these allegations a lie. An official representative of the Iranian government, Ali Rabiya, emphasized that attacks on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia are harming the entire region, which is not in the interests of both Iran and other regional states. Tehran also noted that such accusations are an American tradition and are not surprising.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
OBSERVATORY NEWS — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: [email protected]
Stay connected with News Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.
We are NEWS OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.