UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — Iran has not taken new steps that violate its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, since last month it abandoned all restrictions imposed on it, the International Atomic Energy Agency director said.
“After the fifth step, there has been no resumption,” director Rafael Grossi said on Wednesday on his first official visit to Washington since he took office in December. “Of course they are continuing to fertilize,” he added.
In July, Iran had begun storing more low-enriched uranium than stipulated in the nuclear deal in the first of five violations it announced in response to US President Donald Trump’s decision in 2018 to withdraw from the agreement and re-impose tough sanctions that had strangled its oil exports and damaged With its economy.
Grossi said he discussed Iran’s nuclear program on Tuesday with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, but he declined to give details. During his participation in an event organized by a research institute on Wednesday, he said that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) continues to follow Iran’s nuclear program.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
Contact us: [email protected]
Support The OBSERVATORY from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.