UNITED STATES, WASHINGTON (OBSERVATORY) — Iran’s Foreign Ministry on Saturday called on Saudi Arabia to end the war in Yemen, which brought nothing but human casualties.
On Saturday, Saudi Arabian State Minister for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir said that attacks on oil facilities in the kingdom were carried out from Iran, not from Yemen, while he did not provide evidence.
“Instead of baseless accusations against others, the government of Saudi Arabia should better put an end to the devastating war in Yemen, which brought nothing but the killing of innocent people and the destruction of this country,” the Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said.
Once again, he denied accusations against Tehran about participating in an attack on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia.
The largest exporter and one of the three largest oil producers, Saudi Arabia, after the attack on its oil facilities on September 14, reduced production by more than half – by 5.7 million barrels per day from the usual mark of about 9.8 million. The Saudi Minister of Energy announced on
September 17 that, thanks to the use of reserves, oil supplies had already returned to their previous level, and that lost production has so far been restored to half.
Hussite Yemeni rebels, against which the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia, are fighting, said oil militants attacked their vehicles with unmanned aerial vehicles. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said there was no evidence of an attack from Yemen, and blamed Iran for it. The Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia also believes that Tehran is involved in the attacks. Iran denies the allegations.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
OBSERVATORY NEWS — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: [email protected]
Stay connected with News Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.
Support The OBSERVATORY from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
We are NEWS OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.