HealthNewsWorld

Iran refutes data on 50 coronavirus deaths in one city

UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — The data on 50 dead from a coronavirus in the city of Qom, from which the spread of the virus began, is incorrect, said Iranian Deputy Minister of Health Iraj Harirchi.

Harirchi previously reported that the number of cases of coronavirus infection in Iran could be about 60 people.

“They said about 50 (dead), you officially give us the names in a letter. It was said about 50, but I will say directly that if the death toll in Qom due to this disease is half or a quarter of this, I will resign,” he said he is at a press conference shown by Iranian television.

Earlier, as reported by ISNA , MP from Quma Ahmad Amirabadi said that the words of the Minister of Health are not true. According to him, “the coronavirus was detected in Qom three weeks ago,” at the same time, the authorities informed the public about the first two cases only on February 19.

The parliamentarian said that the situation in the city is “more critical than what they say.”

Online:

This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.

Contact us: [email protected]

Stay connected with Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.