NewsPoliticsTop News

Macron: no plan B with Iran

FRANCE (OBSERVATORY) –┬áThe French president said he had no plan B in case of cancellation of the nuclear deal.

French President Emmanuel Macron said on Sunday, April 22, in an interview with Fox News, that he had no plan B in case of cancellation of the nuclear agreement signed with Iran in 2015. Emmanuel Macron then stressed that the United States should stay in the nuclear deal until there is a better option.

In another part of his interview, the French president reaffirmed that the United States, France and other allies would have a “very important” role to play in the reconstruction of Syria once the conflict is over.

He claimed that Iran would invade Syria if other countries left it too quickly.

Donald Trump said he would not certify the nuclear deal again on Saturday, May 12. To convince the US president to stay in the nuclear deal, France and other European states have decided to impose a new set of sanctions against Iran, but this plan was stifled in the bud thanks to the unfavorable opinions from Italy and Austria.

On the other hand, European states fear that even if they sanction Tehran for its ballistic program and its role in developments in the Middle East, Donald Trump will always insist to withdraw his country from the nuclear agreement.

According to media reports, one of the French president’s main missions during his impending visit to Washington will be to convince Donald Trump to stay in the 2015 nuclear deal.

The White House tenant has previously granted Germany, France and the UK a deadline until May 12 to make the necessary changes to the nuclear deal. He threatened to no longer certify the nuclear deal, for lack of convincing measures taken by his European allies.

The Iranian authorities have repeatedly pointed out that international law does not permit any renegotiation or modification of the nuclear agreement.