NewsWar and ConflictsWorld

NATO calls for stopping attacks on civilians in Idlib

UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — NATO defense ministers discussed the situation in the Syrian city of Idlib at a meeting on Wednesday and called for stopping attacks on civilians, Secretary General of the North Atlantic Alliance Jens Stoltenberg said at a press conference following a ministerial meeting.

“The situation in Idlib was discussed at a meeting today. What we are observing there now is the consequences of the brutal use of violence, monstrous attacks on the civilian population, indiscriminate attacks. We consider this unacceptable, we call on the regime (of Syrian President Bashar) Assad to stop such attacks,” said the secretary general.

On Tuesday, on the eve of the meeting of defense ministers, he made the same appeal.

Stoltenberg added that NATO fully supports the UN efforts to overcome the conflict.

Moscow previously noted that the Syrian army in Idlib attacks terrorists, not civilians.

Online:

This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.

OBSERVATORY

Contact us: contact@newsobservatory.com

Stay connected with Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.

Tags
Close