ITALY (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — The number of cases of coronavirus infection in Italy has increased by more than two hundred, said the head of the country’s civil defense Angelo Borrelli on Friday evening.
“Based on the data received from the regions, the number of patients with coronavirus in our country reached 821, 46 survivors and 21 dead are added to this,” he said during a press conference.
The data provided by Borrelli suggests that the Italian authorities have changed the approach to counting cases of infection. Previously, victims and survivors were included in the number of infected, and in addition, in the event of deaths, their relationship with the confirmed presence of COVID19 was emphasized.
“I want to clarify that today three people over 80 years old and one 77-year-old died. They did not die because of the coronavirus or, better to say, we still do not know if they died due to the coronavirus, this work should be carried out by the Higher Institute of Health Italy, which will give us confirmation,” said Borrelli, who was appointed the government commissioner for the state of emergency on January 31.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
Contact us: [email protected]