NewsTop NewsWorld

Pence declared US troops alert

UNITED STATES, WASHINGTON (OBSERVATORY) — US Vice President Mike Pence said the US military is ready to respond to attacks on Saudi oil facilities. He made such a statement during a speech at the Heritage Foundation’s expert center in Washington.

“After an unprovoked attack this weekend on a number of oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, I assure you that we are ready,” Pence said of the US’s readiness to respond by military means.

He emphasized that the United States will defend itself and its allies in the Persian Gulf, and attacks on American allies and global oil supplies will fail.

According to him, Washington “is studying all the data.”

“We are consulting with the allies, and the president will determine what actions are best to take in the coming days,” Pence added.

The vice president emphasized that if Iran launched this attack to put pressure on President Donald Trump and force him to retreat, he would fail. “America is ready to defend its interests,” Pence said.

He reiterated that the United States was “ready for battle,” as Trump had previously put it.
Pence assured that under the Trump administration, the United States will “maintain dominance in the energy sector, continue to pursue energy independence and take all necessary steps” to protect the United States, American soldiers and allies in the Gulf.

The vice president also said Secretary of State Mike Pompeo flew to Saudi Arabia to discuss attacks on the kingdom’s oil infrastructure.

Pompeo’s trip to Riyadh was previously reported, but the exact time was not announced.

Pentagon Report

The US Department of Defense for two days can provide a report on who is responsible for the attacks, reports Bloomberg citing sources.

Agency sources in the military sphere noted that American experts “carefully study the evidence” in Saudi Arabia and analyze intelligence data, including information obtained using radar. In turn, the US Department of Defense intelligence is preparing to provide declassified information.

One of the unnamed officials of the department was unable to confirm or refute the information published in the media that rockets from Iran were fired at Saudi targets. He only noted that the Pentagon’s assessment could come out within 48 hours, while another source said that a decision on the time of release and the form of the report had not yet been made.

Some US lawmakers opposed the involvement of the United States in another conflict in the Middle East and the military operation against Iran. In their opinion, even if intelligence evidence indicates Tehran’s guilt, the president will still need to get Congress approval.

Attacks on oil facilities

On Saturday night, fires occurred at two oil facilities in Saudi Arabia as a result of attacks by unmanned aerial vehicles. The country, which is the largest exporter and one of the three largest oil producers, said it had reduced production by more than two times – by 5.7 million barrels per day from the usual mark of 9.8 million.

Hussite Yemeni rebels, against whom the Arab coalition led by Riyadh, are fighting, said the targets were attacked by militants using their drones.

Pompeo said there was no evidence of an attack from Yemen, and accused Tehran of it. Iranian Foreign Ministry rejected these allegations.

Online:

This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.

OBSERVATORY NEWS — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.

Contact us: [email protected]

Stay connected with News Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.

Support The OBSERVATORY from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.

We are NEWS OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.