IRAN (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — An Iranian tanker damaged in the Red Sea on Friday was hit by at least two missiles and a video was recorded, President Hassan Rouhani said on Monday.
Iranian authorities reported that the Iranian-owned Sabeti oil tanker had been struck off the coast of Saudi Arabia. There was no independent report on the cause of the damage.
Saudi Arabia, Iran’s rival, has denied any involvement in the attack.
Saudi Arabia said it had received a distress call from the tanker but closed the automated tracking system before authorities could help.
Rouhani said in a speech broadcast live on state television that the attack was undoubtedly carried out by a government and would have consequences.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
OBSERVATORY — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, money, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.
Contact us: [email protected]
We are OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.