Saudi Arabian FM accuses Iran of attacking oil facilities

UNITED STATES, WASHINGTON (OBSERVATORY) — Attacks on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia were carried out from the north of Iran, and not from Yemen, the state’s foreign minister, Adel al-Jubeir, said on Saturday, but he did not provide evidence.

Iran has previously denied such allegations.

“We are convinced that the launch site is not Yemen, but the north of Iran,” al-Jubair told reporters.

However, he indicated that the investigation was ongoing to determine the exact launch site of drones and missiles.

The largest exporter and one of the three largest oil producers, Saudi Arabia, after the attack on its oil facilities on September 14, reduced production by more than half – by 5.7 million barrels per day from the usual mark of about 9.8 million.

The Saudi Minister of Energy announced on September 17 that, thanks to the use of reserves, oil supplies had already returned to their previous level, and that lost production has so far been restored by half.

Hussite Yemeni rebels, against which the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia, are fighting, said oil militants attacked their vehicles with unmanned aerial vehicles. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said there was no evidence of an attack from Yemen, and blamed Iran for it. The Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia also believes that Tehran is involved in the attacks. Iran denies the allegations.

Online:

This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.

OBSERVATORY NEWS — Breaking news source, real-time coverage of the world’s events, life, politics, business, finance, economy, markets, war and conflict zones.

Contact us: contact@newsobservatory.com

Stay connected with News Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.

Support The OBSERVATORY from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.

We are NEWS OBSERVATORY — the only funding and support we get from people – we are categorically not funded by any political party, any government somewhere or from any grouping that supports certain interests – the only support that makes OBSERVATORY possible came from you.

Related Articles