NewsWorld

Social networks unavailable in Turkey after reports of military deaths in Syria

UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — Turkish users have difficulty accessing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube after reporting the death of 22 Turkish military in Syrian Idlib, RIA correspondent reports.

The RIA office in Ankara does not have access to the most popular social networks. Earlier, Turkish authorities blocked access to social networks after major attacks.

According to Downdetector, problems are also with access to major mobile Internet providers and Google.

On Friday, the governor of the border province of Turkey Hatay Rahmi Dogan announced the death of 22 Turkish prisoners during an air strike by the Syrian Air Force in Idlib.

Turkish leader Tayyip Erdogan convened a security meeting on Thursday evening, which was attended by the heads of security agencies and Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.

Erdogan said earlier that Turkey has not yet obtained a satisfactory result in negotiations with the Russian Federation on the Syrian Idlib and is ready for the start of a military operation in this region.

Press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov called it the worst case scenario.

Erdogan also said that he called on Putin to put pressure on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad so that the Syrian army stops the offensive in Idlib province and withdraws from Turkish observation posts by the end of February, otherwise threatening with a military response.

Earlier, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that Turkey was unable to fulfill several key commitments to solve the problems around Syrian Idlib.

In particular, she did not dissociate the armed opposition, which is ready for dialogue with the government in the framework of the political process, from terrorists.

So in the Russian-Turkish memorandum of September 18, 2018, agreed upon by the meeting of Presidents Putin and Erdogan, it was said that the status quo for the presence of the Turkish military was maintained, but subject to the de-escalation of all terrorist radical groups from the Idlib zone until October 15, 2018. It was also stipulated that “effective measures will be taken to ensure a stable cessation of hostilities” within the borders of this zone.

Online:

This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.

Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.

Contact us: [email protected]

Stay connected with Observatory and Observatory Newsroom, also with our online services and never lost the breaking news stories happening around the world.