UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY) – Media space is changing at an incredible rate, so it’s often difficult to track new trends.
However, experts are trying to predict what the media will be in the future.
In particular, at the conference IGNITION, which is conducted by the publication Business Insider, the best experts in the field of media and technology were gathered.
These experts have tried to catch new trends and predict what the media will be in the future.
Below we will tell you about the 14 major predictions that have been made.
1. The US is approaching the peak of “consumption” of media and technology
Below are the data on how the average American spent his day.
If he spends only 5 hours and 13 minutes on work, for a dream – 7 hours and 6 minutes. But for watching TV or on the Internet, an American spends more than 12 hours a day. In fact you can click here for the statistics of how many Americans watching TV in general!
At the same time, digital media became the most widespread. This is clearly seen from the table below.
It is noted that over time, the use of digital media will grow. In particular, the growth will continue for the next 5 years, experts believe.
2. People always want to know about the most intriguing stories and watch unusual stories.
And besides, people tend to learn about them in the most convenient way, to share them with friends.
Large companies compete for quite a limited time, which every consumer has. And advertisers tend to work with large partners.
Therefore, experts predict that merger processes will be observed in the media in the near future.
3. Developed and developing countries – the difference is huge!
Experts note that the state of “peak” is observed only in developed countries, where practically everyone has access to the Internet or access to television.
If we talk about developing countries, then, according to experts, in the near future, another 4 billion people will get access to the Internet.
4. The cost of digital advertising in developed countries is still growing.
In addition, experts note that the largest increase in spending on digital advertising is observed in Asia.
5. Modern television networks will dominate
Experts note that modern TV channels are of high quality and have a higher level of access to virtually all age groups of the population.
At the same time there is a sharp reduction in the time that young people spend watching TV.
In parallel with this, high growth of modern channels is noted.
There is also a significant increase in digital radio.
6. The theory that the “turn to video” will save the print media, is not confirmed.
People are striving to spend as little effort as possible on the perception of new information. That’s why the video will dominate the print media, which many experts predict an early death.
7. The theory that soon ALL media will become a video, also finds no confirmation.
8. Smart speakers and unmanned vehicles will only slightly increase media consumption.
Despite the fact that the distribution is received by smart speakers, people mostly use them to listen to music.
9. Augmented reality technologies will soon be everywhere.
Virtual reality technologies will be used for games and training.
10. High potential of “social video”
The number of social video views is growing at a high rate.
11. Duopoly is a fact.
Large distributors always have great power in the field of media. Large distributors need high-quality media.
Large digital distributors divide money with content producers, and in the future they will share even more.
12. Distributors will be responsible for the distributed content.
13. Finally, there was an innovative digital video advertising
A 30-second video clip on your phone is like a watch on TV.
Users have become more receptive to short clips that can be skipped.
People watch these videos if they have the opportunity to skip them, but they prefer not to do it (64%), if the duration of the video is less than 10 seconds (44%), it loads quickly (39%), the video plays before the main video and does not interrupts it (29%), the sound is automatically turned off (17%), this high-definition video (12%), the video starts automatically (11%).
Experts point out that often even if people have the opportunity to skip a video, they prefer to watch it to the end.
And more and more brands and agencies use this kind of advertising.
14. There is no “right” model of digital media. A banner could be just as effective as a video, depending on what goal you want to reach.
Advertising, subscriptions, trade and much more – everything works and brings results. The future of the media is getting better and better, report writers believe.