UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — The Turkish military inflicts ground and air attacks on the Syrian army after the death of 22 troops in Idlib. This was stated by the head of the relations department of the Turkish presidential administration Fahrettin Altun.
“Our army uses aircraft and ground forces to fire at the targets of the Syrian army,” Altun said, adding that the answer will be “multiple.”
Turkey also called on the international community and participants in the Astana process to take responsibility to stop the “crimes against humanity committed by the Syrian regime.” “Our activities in Syria will continue until we break the arms of those who reach for our flag,” Altuna said in a statement.
Earlier, the governor of the Turkish province of Hatay reported the death of 22 troops as a result of a Syrian air raid. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan held a security meeting on Thursday evening, attended by the heads of security agencies and Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.
The Syrian state agency SANA on Thursday reported that militants, with the support of the Turkish army, launched an offensive in the area of the city of Sarakib in Idlib province, which the Syrian military released in early February.
In turn, the Russia 24 television channel reported that Turkish units were firing on the positions of the Syrian government army and Russian aircraft in Idlib.
Turkish leader Tayyip Erdogan said earlier that he has not yet received a satisfactory result in negotiations with Russia on Idlib and Ankara is ready to start a military operation in this region. In turn, Syrian President Bashar Assad emphasized that Damascus will continue to liberate the provinces of Aleppo and Idlib, despite to the reaction of Turkey .
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
Contact us: [email protected]