UNITED STATES (OBSERVATORY NEWS) — Main stocks to follow on Friday on Wall Street, where futures on benchmark indices signal an opening down between 0.4% for the Dow Jones and 0.6% for the Nasdaq and the S & P- 500:
* BANKING suffers in advance from the drop in bond yields in reaction to the risk aversion triggered by the spread of the coronavirus: CITIGROUP, BANK OF AMERICA and MORGAN STANLEY lost between 1.6% and 2.6 %.
* MYLAN announced Thursday that it expects the coronavirus epidemic to impact its bottom line and warned of drug shortages in the event of the virus continuing to spread, dropping lab action by 4% ahead -Stock Exchange.
* BAIDU – The Chinese internet services group announced on Thursday that its first quarter sales could fall by 13% compared to last year, the coronavirus slowing down economic and advertising activity. The action lost 1.6% in avant-Bourse.
* DELL has reported its weakest growth in turnover in a quarter since its return to the stock market, penalized by the weakness of its activity in data centers, and plans a share buyback program of one billion of dollars. The title loses 3% in trade before opening.
* CHESAPEAKE ENERGY will be replaced by CIMAREX ENERGY in the S&P MidCap 400 index when the markets open on March 3, S&P Dow Jones announced on Friday. Chesapeake Energy lost 5% in avant-Bourse.
* BEYOND MEAT released lower-than-expected quarterly profit on Thursday due to higher costs and said executive chairman Seth Goldman would give up executive status while remaining chairman of the board. The title of the specialist in meat substitutes fell by almost 13% in transactions before the opening.
* COTY announced the departure of Pierre Laubies from the post of general manager and his replacement by Pierre Denis, currently at Jimmy Choo.
This article is written and prepared by our foreign editors writing for OBSERVATORY NEWS from different countries around the world – material edited and published by OBSERVATORY staff in our newsroom.
Contact us: [email protected]