HealthNewsPeopleTop NewsWorld

Woman recovered from coronavirus reported early symptoms

US, WASHINGTON (NEWS OBSERVATORY) — 37-year-old Elizabeth Schneider of Seattle (WA) recovered after infection with the new coronavirus, and told about the early symptoms.

To date, Washington recorded the largest number of deaths – at least 30.

Schneider, who has a doctorate in bioengineering, told Agence France-Press that she shares her story “to give people a little hope.” She, like 80% of patients, suffered mild symptoms of the virus.

The remaining cases that required hospitalization concerned mainly citizens over 60 years of age and those who already had diseases such as diabetes, heart disease or lungs.

According to Schneider, she first started experiencing flu-like symptoms on February 25th. Symptoms appeared three days after she attended the party. Later, another 5 people who were there were diagnosed with coronavirus.

“I woke up and felt tired, but that was nothing more than what you usually feel when you have to get up and go to work, and I was very busy last weekend,” she said.

Around noon, she felt a headache, fever and pain in her body. This was enough for her to go home in the middle of the working day.

She soon fell asleep, but woke up at night with a temperature of 39.4 ° C.

“And at that moment I started to tremble uncontrollably, and I started to have chills and tingling in the limbs, so it was a little worrying,” she said.

Schneider mistakenly suggested that she did not have COVID-19 because there were no common symptoms, such as coughing or shortness of breath.

When she came to the doctor, she was told to go home, relax and drink plenty of fluids.

She began to suspect that she had something serious because of social networks. A Facebook friend wrote that several people from the party had similar symptoms.

They were not offered all of the tests for coronavirus because they did not have common signs of coughing and shortness of breath.

On March 7, Schneider called with bad news: she had a positive result on COVID-19.

Her symptoms had almost disappeared by the time she was diagnosed. Local health authorities said to stay at home for at least 7 days after the onset of symptoms or up to 72 hours after they stopped.


Our Standards, Terms of Use: Standard Terms And Conditions.

Contact us: [email protected]

Article is written and prepared by our foreign editors from different countries around the world – material edited and published by News Observatory staff in our US newsroom.